Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Melanie Tillbrook


pictures
Melanie Tillbrook
Melanie Tillbrook


You may be wondering who I am, and I want to give you a chance to know me on a more personal level. I first saw light in the tropical oasis of Honolulu, Hawaii and was born to wonderful Filipino and British parents. We later moved to beautiful Tampa, FL where I was raised in the humble town of Largo. I was a December baby born a Sagittarius, always full of energy, extroverted, and ready to have a good time. I would best be described as a work-alholic, I get that from my family. I kept myself really busy growing up, I was either singing, writing, or hitting the beach. I was really into school and played volleyball for 6 years, cheerleaded, and was involved in school politics, clubs, etc. Had the best group of friends growing up and lived life to the fullest. After highschool I attended Florida State University.

Melanie Tillbrook modelIn college I studied Marketing & minored in Economics. I also decided to follow some dreams of mine and began to sing & record. I auditioned for Florida State University's Gospel Choir and toured around with them, then wrote and recorded in Tampa and San Francisco. Music is one of my true loves. I starting singing when I was much younger and was writing lyrics/poetry at age 10. I was about 16 and then I started recording little demo songs in a friends garage. I stayed interested in performing and would sing and dance in talent shows etc. In the summer of 2003, I took some time to write and record a demo in the Fire House Studio. I would have to describe my musical style as being a soulful R&B styling mixed with sweet soprano textures.

While singing in a Talent show in Florida I was asked to be on there DVD cover and from there my modeling career began. I attended a casting call and ended up on the FSU Calendar Cover and so I decided to give this modeling business a try.
galleriesIt was a great opportunity to be able to travel, take these amazing pictures, meet new people, and get paid all at the same time. I found myself busy with print work & commercial work. I started working every weekend and traveling all over the country. The market was in need of a girl with a different look and luckily I was able to get bookings in all aspects of the industry from high fashion, import modeling to urban marketing. And since I was living in a very small college town I was able to travel outside to meet an array of different people and see cities all over the globe. And so my career began to take off right in front of my own eyes. After I grauduated I moved to Tampa and started working from there. Still traveling for conventions photoshoots, etc. And then I relocated to Miami Beach for more opportunities. I signed with an agency and am now here in Miami attending castings and working hard. I am now able to do more spokesmodeling/hosting then just mainstream work and I have had the opportunity to network with many of the entertainment industry's finest.

I have to say I have been very blessed to be doing what I am doing and I am very appreciative of everyone's love and support. I hope my bio gives a glimpse of who I really am and I hope I brought you just a step closer to myself.
Take Care

Melanie

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment